We’re on a health kick at the moment because given that you have to layer up with clothing over winter, we figure we should make sure we look our best beneath all those layers! There’ll still be soups and stews, but we’ll be far more considerate when it comes to the calorie count.
These muffins were whipped up to enjoy one early morning on a train journey from Glasgow to Preston for the football. Now, I am not the biggest football fan… in fact, I am not a football fan. I love rugby. Growing up in Sydney I grew up a rugby supporter! But here in the UK things are different and so I am learning to put my prejudices aside and embrace a life that involves football.
Now, the game we watched was… uh… boring? No one scored, there were no brawls, no drama, so I still don’t quite understand the appeal, but you know what? If it means I have an excuse to make muffins I am willing to learn.
What Do I Need?
1 pink lady apple
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
60ml vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice
170g gluten-free self raising flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line muffin tray with cases
- Mash banana in a large bowl
- Finely dice strawberries and apple and add to mashed banana
- Stir through lemon juice, cinnamon and oil
- Mix through flour, baking powder and salt until just combined
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cases
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, and allow to cool for ten minutes before eating.